It was Gibran who said, In only one drop of water are found all the secrets of the ocean.  What a privilege it is for the drop deemed worthy of such an honor. How proud it must feel to be entrusted with such glorious distinction..
But it must also be exhausting for a single drop to harbor confidences of such vast proportion. 
Does it yearn to relinquish its burden and flow freely amongst it's kind unencumbered? I wonder... Or perhaps the noble task of safeguarding the ocean's treasures has become a vital part of it's very existence...

I don't know, but I find myself fascinated.

~

Comments/thoughts/feedback welcome and appreciated.  http://openid.net/get/
Email: iexistence.blog@gmail.com

Monday, August 3, 2009

Charades.

Keep me away from the wisdom that does not cry, 
the philosophy that does not laugh, and 
the greatness that does not bow before children. 
- Gibran
----
False words form on lips, forced smiles come effortlessly. 
How easy it is to metamorphose... shed identities, don masks, and take part in charades for the sake of appearance. How incredibly simple to forgo principles, values, integrity... even sense of self, in attempts to conform or for purposes of self-gratification.
If only for an instant, we were to step outside of ourselves and observe. Would what we witness repulse us, I wonder; would it compel change. 
But perhaps some are reluctant to relinquish a status quo that has been for so long ingrained, that it acceptably reflects  how they define themselves and their existence
Shrug. 
Anyway, I'm getting late for work. Its a beautiful day out