It was Gibran who said, In only one drop of water are found all the secrets of the ocean.  What a privilege it is for the drop deemed worthy of such an honor. How proud it must feel to be entrusted with such glorious distinction..
But it must also be exhausting for a single drop to harbor confidences of such vast proportion. 
Does it yearn to relinquish its burden and flow freely amongst it's kind unencumbered? I wonder... Or perhaps the noble task of safeguarding the ocean's treasures has become a vital part of it's very existence...

I don't know, but I find myself fascinated.

~

Comments/thoughts/feedback welcome and appreciated.  http://openid.net/get/
Email: iexistence.blog@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pounds and Ounces.

There's nothing like the feeling you get after an intense workout, when every muscle protests in silent agony as tiny streams of perspiration dribble down your temples and the small of your back. 
Getting off the treadmill, I tuned out the Bhangra  music flashing across the big screen, and - gulping down half a bottle of grape-flavored, ice-cold Propel - collapsed on the family room floor. 
I reveled in the excruciating pain. Every calorie burned off in the past couple weeks was well worth every ounce of discomfort. 

No pain, no gain, right?  Eight pounds down, twelve more to go...