There is not even a single leaf that stirs in the breeze except by the will of the Almighty.
----
I have some of the nicest orthodox Jewish colleagues at work. Its so sweet how everyone tiptoes around you during Ramadan... is careful not to mention food around you as if you will shatter at the mention of anything edible :) A couple of my Jewish colleagues are the most considerate. There was an orthodox Jewish pharmacist with me at the satellite I staffed last night who wouldn't let me do my unit-based rounds.. insisted upon doing them for me since I was fasting. Then when he was going down to the gift shop to buy candy for everyone (he does this regularly) he went to each individual person in the satellite and whispered in their ear asking what they wanted so I wouldn't overhear him asking them and feel left out or get hungry. Of course I knew what he was doing, and it made his gesture all the sweeter. When I went down to the chapel to pray he insisted I take my time and covered the pharmacy for us. And he asked me at least three times if I had eaten after iftar time... I was touched.
Look forward to repaying the favor when it is the Jewish time for fasting. Thank you J :)
----
8/25:
completed Juz 5
Chapter 4: Surah An-Nisa Verses 24-147
completed Juz 6
Chapter 4: Surah An-Nisa Verses 148-176
Chapter 5: Surah Al-Ma'ida Verses 1-81
began Juz 7
Chapter 5: Surah Al-Ma'ida Verses 82-120