The further along I've gotten in reading the Qur'an, the more difficult it's become to select a favorite ayat(s) to head my blog posts; there are so many beautiful beautiful verses, how impossible it is to choose just one...
And thus We have revealed a Qur'an to you in Arabic that you may warn the mother of the towns and all around it; and warn them of the day of assembling of which there is no doubt a party will be in Paradise and a party will be in the fire. [Qur'an 42:7]
....After completing the last verse of the last surah of the last Juz, I slowly closed my Qur'an and laid it carefully on it's wooden stand. For a moment, I admired it's hardback, forest green cover with golden Arabic and English engraved script.
How can one Book be simply so perfect? But it is... Subhanallah. Turning, I exited the Qur'anic recitation browser open on my mac and, leaning back against the floor cushion, I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes.
I didn't bother wiping away the tears that had coursed down my cheeks. Knowing I had yet to make dua, I allowed myself a few desperately needed minutes to digest the import of what I feel like I'd only just begun really understanding. If I tried to find the right words to describe how I feel, I'd fail.
This is much bigger than me.. I feel humbled honored... grateful... terrified... enlightened ignorant... ashamed hopeful... fortunate... repentant... and so much more.
I have never been more in love with the perfect truth of Islam than I am now. This Ramadan has been the first time I've completed the Qur'an (with translation) not only for the purpose of reading it, but for the sake of understanding it too. With every ayat of each surah, I fell a little more in love with Allah (swt), His beloved Rasul (saw).. and our deen. This is perfect peace. Subhanallah... Allahuakbar. I wish I could capture this moment and freeze it forever.
9/18:
completed Juz 30
Chapter 78: Surah An-Naba Verses 1-40 through
Chapter 114: Surah Al-Nas Verses 1-6
Ramadan 1430: Day 27 (Sept 17th)
9/17:
completed Juz 29
Chapter 67: Surah Al-Mulk Verses 1-40 through
Chapter 77: Surah Al-Mursalat Verses 1-50
Ramadan 1430: Day 26 (Sept 16th)
9/16:
completed Juz 28
Chapter 58: Surah Al-Mujadila Verses 1-22 through
Chapter 66: Surah Al-Tahrim Verses 1-12
completed Juz 27
Chapter 51: Surah Adh-Dhariyat Verses 31-60 through
Chapter 57: Surah Al-Hadid Verses 1-29
Ramadan 1430: Day 25 (Sept 15th)
9/15:
completed Juz 26
Chapter 46: Surah Al-Ahqaf Verses 1-35 through
Chapter 51: Surah Adh-Dhariyat Verses 1-30