It was Gibran who said, In only one drop of water are found all the secrets of the ocean.  What a privilege it is for the drop deemed worthy of such an honor. How proud it must feel to be entrusted with such glorious distinction..
But it must also be exhausting for a single drop to harbor confidences of such vast proportion. 
Does it yearn to relinquish its burden and flow freely amongst it's kind unencumbered? I wonder... Or perhaps the noble task of safeguarding the ocean's treasures has become a vital part of it's very existence...

I don't know, but I find myself fascinated.

~

Comments/thoughts/feedback welcome and appreciated.  http://openid.net/get/
Email: iexistence.blog@gmail.com

Monday, January 18, 2010

-----
I'm so tired but can't fall asleep tonight. For various reasons, the Middle East conflict is on my mind again. I laid the book I was trying to focus on reading to the side and sat up in bed. 
My five year old nephew fast asleep next to me stirred and mumbled under his breath before falling quiet again. His rhythmic breathing soothed me as I gazed at his beautiful innocent face peacefully asleep. He really is one of the cutest kids I know. I half-smiled thinking how he'd came running into my room in his adorable pj's, pleading if he could sleep in my bed tonight. Children are so precious. 
Then I thought of the thousands of innocent babies who suffered in Gaza. The countless families torn apart, their helplessness frustration pain and suffering is unbearable to me. I'm passionate about many things but the Palestinians' cause is especially close to my heart. I think myself to be an open-minded, non-judgmental, and reasonable person, but when I think of their strife, my reason threatens to fly out the window as sheer helplessness overcomes me.
I know fault lies with both sides, just as I know if there is to be any semblance of peace, it will have to come from both sides. What makes my heart dissolve into one dull, incessant ache is knowing the gross injustices that have occurred and are still occurring. 
Oblivious to the tears I close my eyes and wait for the pain to subside. 
Ya'Allah, have mercy on the Falasteen.. ease their suffering and grant them freedom.