It was Gibran who said, In only one drop of water are found all the secrets of the ocean.  What a privilege it is for the drop deemed worthy of such an honor. How proud it must feel to be entrusted with such glorious distinction..
But it must also be exhausting for a single drop to harbor confidences of such vast proportion. 
Does it yearn to relinquish its burden and flow freely amongst it's kind unencumbered? I wonder... Or perhaps the noble task of safeguarding the ocean's treasures has become a vital part of it's very existence...

I don't know, but I find myself fascinated.

~

Comments/thoughts/feedback welcome and appreciated.  http://openid.net/get/
Email: iexistence.blog@gmail.com

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Inalilahe wa ina'ilahe rajeyun.

FATIMA J. CHAUDRY (1978-1997)
Too few years together 
And too many to face apart
Where has our time together gone
When did it ever start
I'd hoped Allah'd hear my prayers
And you would come back to me 
Safe and fine and happy
In the arms of destiny
Now watching you lie there so peacefully
I see it wasn't meant to be
You were with us a short time
But now you must be free
Emptiness and sorrow fill my heart
Regrets at this steep cost
It is you who is now gone
But it is I who is lost
I pray for you my sister
That you may reach the highest mountain
I pray that you are happy 
In the love and serenity of heaven
I pray your every unfulfilled wish is fulfilled
And that all your dreams come true
And I hope you always realize
That I will never forget you. 
(Sept. 1997)
in loving memory of my cousin and childhood best friend.