It was Gibran who said, In only one drop of water are found all the secrets of the ocean.  What a privilege it is for the drop deemed worthy of such an honor. How proud it must feel to be entrusted with such glorious distinction..
But it must also be exhausting for a single drop to harbor confidences of such vast proportion. 
Does it yearn to relinquish its burden and flow freely amongst it's kind unencumbered? I wonder... Or perhaps the noble task of safeguarding the ocean's treasures has become a vital part of it's very existence...

I don't know, but I find myself fascinated.

~

Comments/thoughts/feedback welcome and appreciated.  http://openid.net/get/
Email: iexistence.blog@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

That's what she said.


Let me walk through fields of paper
touching with my wand
dry stems and stunted butterflies.
- D. Levertov
-----
Everyone has a dream. Mine is to write a book. 
I haven't decided yet if it'll be fact or fictional. 
I'm too reserved for it to be entirely autobiographical - plus I have a fanciful imagination.. but, at least in part, I want it to be a reflection of my personal thoughts and experiences.. 
It'll most likely be a mixture of both.
Countless ideas float aimlessly through my mind. I can't wait to jot them down on paper and make sense of them. I think I have a title, though it's subject to change of course.
I may not publish my work. Part of me rebels at having my writing revised, polished, and edited until it barely resembles the original piece in order for it to considered more marketable to a particular audience. 
Guess we'll see...
I know the time isn't right yet, but I can't wait to get started sometimes