It was Gibran who said, In only one drop of water are found all the secrets of the ocean.  What a privilege it is for the drop deemed worthy of such an honor. How proud it must feel to be entrusted with such glorious distinction..
But it must also be exhausting for a single drop to harbor confidences of such vast proportion. 
Does it yearn to relinquish its burden and flow freely amongst it's kind unencumbered? I wonder... Or perhaps the noble task of safeguarding the ocean's treasures has become a vital part of it's very existence...

I don't know, but I find myself fascinated.

~

Comments/thoughts/feedback welcome and appreciated.  http://openid.net/get/
Email: iexistence.blog@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Didn't know it was possible for one heart to contain patience peace and a quiet joy like this.. the eyes are the same but its as though you view the world through entirely different lenses; your entire perspective changes. is this what enlightenment feels like? its as if I've discovered a secret many fortunate people already knew, and some unlucky ones never might.
Allah (swt) is closer to us than our own vein, but sometimes I'm afraid that i'll become distracted again and regress.. that instead of becoming closer, i'll become more distant from Him. It's so easy to become absorbed in this duniya and lose sight of the akhira if your iman is not strong, but maybe this fear is a healthy thing. As long as I'm afraid of this happening, maybe I'll consciously continue making a concerted effort to improve myself and increase my ilm inshallah. Speaking of ilm...

I'm excited about ILMFest this weekend!!! yea... me, excited about ILMFest! and it feels good :) Subhanallah God is great.  :)