It was Gibran who said, In only one drop of water are found all the secrets of the ocean.  What a privilege it is for the drop deemed worthy of such an honor. How proud it must feel to be entrusted with such glorious distinction..
But it must also be exhausting for a single drop to harbor confidences of such vast proportion. 
Does it yearn to relinquish its burden and flow freely amongst it's kind unencumbered? I wonder... Or perhaps the noble task of safeguarding the ocean's treasures has become a vital part of it's very existence...

I don't know, but I find myself fascinated.

~

Comments/thoughts/feedback welcome and appreciated.  http://openid.net/get/
Email: iexistence.blog@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ramadan 1430: Day 18

People of the scripture, Our messenger has come to you to proclaim for you many things you have concealed in the scripture, and to pardon many transgressions you have committed. A beacon has come to you from God, and a profound scripture. With it, God guides those who seek His approval. He guides them to paths of peace, leads them out of darkness into the light by His leave, and guides them in a straight path. [Qur'an 5:15-16]

Sometimes I'm convinced there are guardian angels watching over me. When I do the right thing, my life automatically becomes easier... everything simply falls into place; and when I start to slip, the rightness begins to unravel. 
I used to wonder if this was psychological or imagined, but I've tried and tested my theory, and its proven true. I take it as a blessing, and a sign. Alhamdullilah.. He sends us so many signs.. we only have to but pay attention. 
----
9/8:
completed Juz 18
Chapter 23: Surah Al-Mu'minoon Verses 1-118
Chapter 24: Surah An-Nur Verses 1-64
Chapter 25: Surah Al-Furqan Verses 1-20