I am against them, for I am devoted only to the Lord of the universe. The One Who created me, and guided me. The One who feeds me and waters me. And when I get sick, He heals me. The One who puts me to death, then brings me back to life. The One who hopefully will forgive my sins on the Day of Judgment. My Lord, grant me wisdom, and include me with the righteous. Let the example I set for the future generations be a good one. Make me of the inheritors of Paradise. [Qur'an 26:77-85]
It was Gibran who said, In only one drop of water are found all the secrets of the ocean. What a privilege it is for the drop deemed worthy of such an honor. How proud it must feel to be entrusted with such glorious distinction..
But it must also be exhausting for a single drop to harbor confidences of such vast proportion.
Does it yearn to relinquish its burden and flow freely amongst it's kind unencumbered? I wonder... Or perhaps the noble task of safeguarding the ocean's treasures has become a vital part of it's very existence...
I don't know, but I find myself fascinated.
~
Comments/thoughts/feedback welcome and appreciated. http://openid.net/get/
Email: iexistence.blog@gmail.com
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Ramadan 1430: Day 19
The parable of those who take guardians besides Allah is as of the parable of the spider that makes for itself a house; and most surely the frailest of houses is the spider's house, did they but know. [Qur'an 29:41]
----
9/9:
completed Juz 20
Chapter 27: Surah An-Nami Verses 56-93
Chapter 28: Surah Al-Qasas Verses 1-88
Chapter 29: Surah Al-Ankabut Verses 1-45
Almost in the last ten days... where is the time going? Subhanallah...
----
9/9:
completed Juz 19
Chapter 25: Surah Al-Furqan Verses 21-77
Chapter 26: Surah Ash-Shu'ara Verses1-227
Chapter 27: Surah An-Naml Verses 1-55